The Africa Excellence Scholarship has been established to attract high-performing international students to the University of Newcastle for study in 2022 and beyond. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognizes applicants with a strong academic background and incentivizes them to continue striving to be the best that they can be.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Newcastle, Australia
Host Institution(s): University of Newcastle, Australia
Scholarship Worth: AU$10,000 for each year of study
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
DETAILS | University of Newcastle
The Scholarship offers will be made based on academic merit. All academic merit determinations are determined according to the University’s procedures for determining ATAR and GPA
Students who do not receive an offer of the scholarship will not be eligible for the scholarship. Internal transfer students who are studying at an Australian or Online campus and were not previously awarded the scholarship will also not be eligible.
Students studying quota-limited programs will not be eligible for this scholarship (please view full terms and conditions for the list of quota-limited programs which will not be eligible)
To be eligible for the University of Newcastle Africa Excellence Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must hold a passport from one of the 54 countries of Africa.
- Applicants must be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs, and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Applicants must be International full-fee paying students.
- Applicants must be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Applicants must not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Applicants must meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses to obtain your student visa, and if eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
The Scholarships will automatically be awarded to students who have received an offer to study in an eligible, non-quota program and who will commence studying with the University of Newcastle.
Successful students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their Letter of Offer and should review the full terms and conditions, advising the university if they do not wish to accept.
Application Deadline: Not Specified