The University of Liverpool Postgraduate Scholarship is open for interested and qualified students to pursue a postgraduate degree in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship will provide selected candidates with an award that will pay the full tuition fees and a maintenance grant of £15,609 per annum for 3.5 years.
The Studentship is funded by the EPSRC as part of a business-led research collaboration between leading UK businesses and their long-term strategic University partners.
- Host Country: UK
- Study Abroad: Study in the UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- £15,609 stipend per annum
- Deadline: November 22, 2022
This multi-disciplinary Ph.D. studentship is an exciting opportunity to join a large project involving academic and industrial partners to develop new materials as support for Fischer Tropsch and CO2 utilization catalysts.
Using a range of experimental approaches, including robotic high-throughput methods and modern informatics methods, the successful candidate will explore routes to high surface area porous metal borides, metal nitrides, and other related materials onto which various catalyst nanoparticles can be deposited.
The project will combine synthetic chemistry, advanced structural analysis (crystallography), and characterization with sorption and spectroscopic methods. The successful candidate will also develop skills in teamwork and scientific communication as part of a team that works closely together.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- meeting the eligibility requirements of the EPSRC
- meet the requirements to study at the University of Liverpool
- meet the English Language requirements of the university
- apply before the deadline
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The award will pay full tuition fees and a maintenance grant for 3.5 years. The maintenance grant is £15,609 pa for 2021/22, with the possibility of an increase for 2022/23.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- School or college transcripts/ certificates
- University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- English language certificates (International applicants only)
- Personal statement
- Two references signed and on letterheaded paper (these should be academic references if you have been in full-time education in the last three years)
- Research proposal (may be tested for plagiarism, collusion, and other irregularities).