The United Nations Volunteers Jobs 2022 is now open and registration ongoing. If you are interested and ready to become a UN Volunteer, you can join a million others to register and become an international volunteer through any of the available opportunities cutting across a wide range of professions. The UN volunteer program is open to applicants from all nationalities.
You can contribute your time, skills, and knowledge through volunteering with the UN. This is an opportunity to create a positive impact and be a significant force in achieving peace and development. If you are looking for an opportunity to serve humanity and at the same time make a living, then apply for a UN volunteer job.
All you need to know about the United Nations Volunteers Program 2022 and how to apply to become a volunteer are detailed in this post as follows;
What It’s Entails
- The International UN Volunteers promote peace and development in communities around the globe while upholding the ideals and aspirations of the United Nations.
- Volunteers come from 160 countries, representing many cultures and backgrounds. They bring a wide variety of perspectives and approaches.
- Your volunteer assignment will make a lasting impact. It can create a ripple effect that extends far beyond the immediate results of your efforts.
- As a volunteer, you will learn about different cultures, expand your networks, study foreign languages and gain matchless professional and life experiences, and More.
Prerequisite for Suiting a United Nations Volunteer
The minimum requirements to serve as an international United Nations Volunteer or to take up the United Nations volunteer job are:
- 25 years old and older (no upper age limit)
- university degree or higher technical diploma
- at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background
- good working knowledge of at least one of United Nations Volunteer’s three working languages: English, French or Spanish
- commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
- ability to work in a multicultural environment
- willingness to work with people and local organizations to draw upon the synergies between expert solutions and local knowledge
- ability to adjust to difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- prior volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset.
UN Volunteer Online Registration and Participation
Online volunteering has been crucial to upscale the impact of Youth. They are called to become a UN online volunteer which is especially helpful during this COVID-19 period. Coming from different countries and ethnicities, these online volunteers bring a variety of skills to the table. They have applied their skills and knowledge through a range of activities, including proofreading and translating communications materials and conducting research supporting COVID-19-related efforts. You can also choose to be a UN online volunteer.
Applying for the Regional/Country United Nations Volunteer Job
In most cases, you can apply for the UN volunteer jobs through the regional grouping or at the country level – your home country. On the UN volunteer login or special calls page, seven (7) regions are listed (below):
- Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- East and Southern Africa
- Europe and the CIS
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- West and Central Africa
Applicants will have to select any of the regions in which they have nationality or desire to volunteer.
Volunteer Duration and Benefits (Service Conditions)
- International UN Volunteers assignments generally run for six to 12 months, with the possibility of extending for one to two years.
- Short-term assignments are also requested by our partners from time to time.
- International UN Volunteers are entitled to certain allowances.
- The allowances are not necessarily salary but are given for sustenance during your service.
To apply for the UN volunteer job or for becoming a volunteer, you will take the following steps;
Step 1: Check Your Eligibility
- The first step to volunteering abroad with the UN is to determine whether you meet the minimum requirements.
Step 2: Register
- If you meet the minimum requirements, next you will proceed to the UN volunteer login page and register your profile in the Global Talent Pool.
Step 3: Find A Volunteer Opportunity
- To submit an application and become a volunteer, you simply should select a suitable volunteer opportunity from the special calls or the pools of opportunities and apply.
Application Deadline: Varies