Rhodes Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for master’s and Ph.D. studies and provides a living stipend (£15,144 per annum), all University and College fees, and the University application fee.
Rhodes Scholarship provides the recipient with:
- A living stipend (£15,144 per annum);
- All University and College fees;
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country after the scholarship.
- The University application fee;
- The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the D. Philosophy (PhD).
Eligibility Criteria for Rhodes Scholarship
To qualify for Rhodes Scholarship, a candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Citizenship and residency: Each applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. Check the eligible Countries here.
- Education: All applicants must have achieved the completion of an honors bachelor’s degree by October. As well, academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements. In Canada, a GPA of a minimum of 3.75/4.0, or equivalent, is expected.
- Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by October 1st of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive at Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
- Required Language: English
How to Apply
Please follow the following step by step procedure to apply for Rhodes Scholarship:
In broad terms, all constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities. (Please do not include a photograph in your CV for this scholarship)
- Evidence of academic record / transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language). Check requirements here.
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- Four reference letters from appraisers who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related).
Step by Step Application Process:
(1) You can apply online at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply via the scholarships tab.
(2) You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by deadline.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to financial means.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste or other irrelevant distinction. The provision of such information in the ‘Outreach’ section of the application form is optional, but helps us to ensure that our selection processes are fair and that our outreach efforts are effective; those involved in selection will only see summary statistics of these responses in an anonymized format that cannot be tracked back to the individual.
- You are applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for entry to the University of Oxford in October 2021; the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford.
- No selection will be made if a sufficiently qualified candidate cannot be found.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.