The Australia Government and a lot of private universities know that it’s their investment in ideas and people that will change the world. This has led to generous scholarships that may support you and your graduate research, so you can focus on what’s important; studying. Hence, we have made a list of some of the topmost Australia Scholarships for International Students
On this page, you will discover our scholarship listing for popular Australia study destinations. Additionally, you will find information on the general eligibility requirements to earn a scholarship in Australia.
Below are the top scholarships in Australia listed for international students. These scholarships are either funded by the government, corporate bodies, or top universities in Australia.
Government Awarded Australia Scholarships:
Value: 100% full funding
Duration: Period of study
Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries. This program leads the way when mentioning Australia Scholarships for International Students
The scholarship benefits generally include full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), and several other things.
Value: $110,000 for the duration of the study.
Duration: 3 years.
The IPRS program enables international students to undertake a postgraduate research qualification in Australia and gain experience with leading Australian researchers. The scholarships are available for two years for a master’s by research degree or three years for a Doctorate by research degree. The scholarship covers tuition fees and health cover costs.
Entry for this scholarship is usually accepted between 1 January and 30 June while recipients commence their research program in Semester (this is not a fixed schedule).
Value: up to $15,000 per year
Duration: duration of the study
The Australian Government is set to begin awarding several scholarships yearly to deserving Domestic and international students across universities in Australia. The scholarship will be awarded across all levels of education beginning from Certificate IV to Masters Level.
Over $17 million in grants is available under 2021 to support scholarships for up to four years $4-24 million per year for four years) announced by the Hon Dan Tehan Minister for Education.
Application timelines for Destination Australia Scholarships are usually dependent on the applicant’s chosen school.
The Research Training Program (RTP) scheme is administered by individual universities on behalf of the Department of Education, Skills, and Employment. Applications for RTP Scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities. Each university has its application and selection process. Applicants have to contact their chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme. It is one lucrative Australia Scholarships for International Students
University Awarded Australia Scholarships:
Valued: Up to $50,000 per annum.
The University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS) is funded by the University of Sydney and provides tuition fees offset and stipends to high-quality international postgraduate students who wish to enroll in or are currently enrolled in a research degree at the University. These scholarships are either co-funded by the university partners.
Duration: duration of the study
The University of Adelaide offers several Adelaide Scholarships to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education, particularly at the postgraduate study level (Masters’s or Doctorate by research). Scholarships are awarded yearly as a way of incentive to attract the international study community and as well as a support program to encourage outstanding academic performances.
Value: full/partial tuition fee payment
UNSW offers a wide range of Scholarships and Awards to support International undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students commencing full-time study at the course. Some scholarships will provide a full or partial tuition fee payment, while others provide a stipend to assist with the costs associated with your studies.
You will receive confirmation of any scholarship award with your offer letter. Applicants must pay the minimum deposit stipulated in the offer letter by the date stated on the acceptance form to secure their scholarship.
Value: Full Funding
Duration: duration of the study
The University of Queensland International Science Scholarships is focused on exceptionally insightful science undergraduate and graduate students wishing to study at the university. The scholarship is awarded across a wide range of courses in the Sciences.
Value: 25% or 50% of the tuition fees.
Charles Darwin University (CDU) offers the Vice-Chancellor International High Achievers Scholarships to international students who have a record of academic excellence, want to pursue their undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Charles Darwin University Australia, and seek to Make a Positive Impact in the world.
The vice-chancellor’s international scholarship is highly competitive and awarded based on academic merit to future students. It provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Macquarie University. Application for scholarships is ongoing (annual) while the course starts in normally in July (may not be fixed).
General Requirements to Study in Australia
To benefit from this list of most desired scholarships in Australia for International Students, here are a few of the eligibility requirements you will want to consider important. Although, different scholarship programs may have specific eligibility requirements.
- You must be an international student with a student visa, which means you should not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- You also must have received an offer of admission or be commencing in any undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Letter of Offer (conditional).
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate English Package Offer.
- Applicants must meet the University’s academic and English language entry requirements for their chosen course.
- Applicants should have a minimum overall score of 85% in their highest completed qualification (in the case of merit scholarships).
- The application must have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential.
- Achieve a minimum WAM equivalent of 65 for Postgraduate applications, or a minimum ATAR equivalent of 85 for Undergraduate applications. e within the specified age range.
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship.
- Not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection, or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a student visa).
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements.
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements.
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a Ph.D.).