Leipzig University in Germany is welcoming applications from interested international students to enroll for a Joint MA and Ph.D. in Global Studies with a special emphasis on Peace and Security in Africa. The award is for candidates who finished their first academic degree in social science, political science, history, international relations, law, humanities, and economics with good or very good results.
Students applying for this program should have an interest in conflict prevention, peace and security, and global affairs. Applicants need to have finished their Bachelor’s degree. They work together in groups and become cultural mediators with a high degree of mutual respect.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Leipzig University, Germany
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Host Institution(s): Leipzig University & Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
Scholarship Worth: Full Tuition
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: International Student
The students are quick learners and distinguish themselves by displaying outstanding analytical skills and refined sensitivity towards conflictual topics. Students are guided by professors and staff, but venture out independently to explore new research avenues.
Due to its unique composition of students, this program provides a learning environment that emphasizes jointness the learning from and with each other.
To be eligible for Leipzig University Global Studies Master’s Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be an international student
- Applicants must have academic excellence
- Applicants’ motivation, academic potential, and recommendation letters
- Match the previous degree with our Master’s course
- Work experience and professional qualification
- Language skills
The complete application (application form and all necessary documents listed below) has to be emailed as a single PDF to the following addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, AND email@example.com.
You are also expected to have the following documents:
- Certified copy of high school leaving certificate
- Certified copy of university diploma
- A certified transcript of records issued by the prior university
- English test results if English was not the language of instruction at your previous university
- Curriculum vitae (two pages)
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of passport
Only selected candidates will need to post the application documents without folders, staples, and paper clips, ps to both the Global and European Studies Institutes in Leipzig and the Institute for Peace and Security Studies in Addis Ababa.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022