KAIST University Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for master’s and Ph.D. studies. This scholarship will cover the full tuition fee covered, a monthly allowance of up to 400,000 KRW, and medical health insurance fees.
KAIST is a Famous Leading University in Asia and known as MIT of Asia. It was established by the Korean government in 1971 as the nation’s first research-oriented science and engineering institution. The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) offers the KAIST International Student Scholarship for undergraduate and graduate international students.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): KAIST University
- Study in: South Korea
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See the list below.
- Program Period: Two years for master’s and three years for Ph.D.
- Spring Semester: August- September
- Fall Semester (Early): December – January
- Fall Semester (Regular): March – April
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
College of Life Science & Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
College of Business
- Business and Technology Management
KAIST University Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- A Full Scholarship ( All expenses are covered by the program )
- Full Tuition Fee Covered.
- A Monthly Allowance of 350,000 KRW for the Master’s Course.
- A Monthly Allowance of 400,000 KRW for a Doctoral Degree.
- Medical Health Insurance fees are supported by the recipient’s an advisor/department.
To qualify for KAIST University Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: Applicants must meet one of the English proficiency test minimum score requirements:
- TOEFL iBT 83 (PBT 560, CBT 220)
KAIST’s institution code for TOEFL is 0195
- IELTS 6.5 band(Academic mode)
- TOEIC 720(Listening & Reading)
- TEPS 599/New TEPS 326
- TOEFL iBT 83 (PBT 560, CBT 220)
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship (dual citizenship) are NOT eligible to apply as international students
- For master’s scholarships, applicants hold or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree before enrollment at KAIST.
- For doctoral scholarship, applicants hold or expect to hold a bachelor’s and master’s degree before enrollment at KAIST
How to Apply
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship.
(1) Fill out the online application form with the required information.
(2) Upload those documents Online
- High School Profile
- High school / University Transcript
- English Proficiency Test Report
- Standardized Official Test Score Report
- Passport or National ID Copy
- Statement of Financial Resources
- Honors and Awards (Optional)
- One recommendation letter
(3) The applicant must pay the application fee is USD 80 or KRW 80,000. Payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer after writing the application form online. Additional charges (i.e. bank charges) should be covered by the applicants. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable and you cannot modify the application form once you pay the fee
(4) Submit your application
NOTE: For detailed information please visit the official website here.