The Google Conference Scholarships are offered as a full sponsorship of university students attending leading conferences in the continent of Africa.
The scholarship aims to help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences.
- Host: Google
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- Deadline: Not Specified
Google believes diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. They also believe that everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue connections in the industry, network with peers, and a career path in technology.
To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, we’re excited to offer Google Conference Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
Scholarship eligibility varies by region, so please review the information on the region-specific tabs on the top. Scholarships will be awarded to the most qualified persons based on application review.
To be considered for the Google Conference Scholarships, you must:
- Be a full-time student enrolled with a recognized university in Africa who needs conference travel funds.
- Have a paper accepted at a top-tier computer science conference. We prefer to support conferences in research areas where Google has a strong interest. Please visit research.google.com for a list of areas.
- Be the sole or joint first author of the accepted paper.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship will cover the full expenses of travel and other expenses to attend and present a paper at the conference.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following document;
- Application Form