The Graduate Scholarship Programme for ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries provides financial assistance to international students who wish to pursue their higher graduate studies at Chulalongkorn University.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Host Institution(s): Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Scholarship Worth: (Check the Scholarship worth and benefits below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Chulalongkorn University has taken a leading role in implementing interactive collaboration with the international community. To further develop academic cooperation between Thailand and foreign countries, the University has established the “Graduate Scholarship Programme for ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries” to provide financial assistance to international students who wish to pursue their higher graduate studies at Chulalongkorn University
The award programs are a Two-year Master’s degree scholarship; the first semester and Three-year Doctoral degree scholarships; the first semester both starting in August 2022.
To be eligible for Chulalongkorn University Graduate Scholarship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international graduate students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries.
- Faculty members, researchers, and academic staff, who will return to teach/work at their home universities after graduation from Chulalongkorn University, are preferred.
- It should be noted that students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries, who have been studying in any program at Chulalongkorn University for more than one semester, are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in a field related to the field for which they are applying. A degree certificate and an official academic transcript must be submitted with their application.
- Applicants must have obtained a grade point average of not lower than 2.75 for their undergraduate studies and not lower than 3.25 for their graduate studies.
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age (as of June 9, 1982) 5. Applicants must have a good command of English. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 or 173 Computer-based or an IELTS score of 5.0 is required.
- Applicants must be in good health
- Scholarship Benefits
Successful applicants for Chulalongkorn University Graduate Scholarship Program will be awarded the following benefits:
- An economy class, round-trip ticket, as actually paid.
- Tuition fees (tuition fees for the faculty/special fees charged by the Faculty or the Programme of the students’ choice are excluded. Advanced arrangement between the students and the Faculty/Programme is needed).
- A monthly stipend and accommodation of 16,000 Baht.
- It should also be noted that:
- For students from ASEAN, the airfare for each leg of the trip must not exceed 8,500 Baht;
- For students from Asian countries, the airfare for each leg of the trip must not exceed 12,000 Baht;
- For students from Europe, Aus, Australia, and New Zealand, as well as Africa, the airfare of each leg, must not exceed 20,000 Baht;
- For students from North and South America, the airfare for each leg must not exceed 30,000 Baht.
How-to-Apply: The application form for “The Graduate Scholarship Programme for ASEAN or Non -ASEAN Countries” can be downloaded from: http://www.academic.chula.ac.th/
Applicants must send the completed application form and relevant documents directly to the Faculty/Programme of their choice before the deadline set by the University’s Office of Academic Affairs. For further information on programs offered by Chulalongkorn University, please visit http://www.academic.chula.ac.th/search/search.asp.
The following documents will be required for the application:
- A completed application form with a 1-inch photograph attached,
- A curriculum vitae,
- An academic transcript issued by the last academic institution that the applicant attended,
- A certificate of graduation, if available,
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport,
- Two letters of recommendation from the Head, the Direct, or the Dean of the institution of the applicant’s affiliation om the applicant’s superiors,
- A medical certificate confirming a physical examination in a hospital in the applicant’s home country.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2022